- The guardian does not need to be a legal guardian
Guests 12 and younger
- If the relative or guardian insist on booking separate staterooms, minors must either be directly across the hall or next door. Guests 12 and under may not be assigned to a balcony cabin without a relative/guardian.
Guests 13 - 17 years of age
- Can be booked up to 3 staterooms away from their relative or guardian.
Guests 18 – 20 years of age
- Do not have any restrictions and may book whatever location they prefer.
Exceptions are as follows:
Guests under the age of 21 may travel without a relative/guardian under the following conditions:
Legally married couples, including same gender couples
- Proper documentation (i.e., official marriage license or proof of civil union) must be submitted prior to or on embarkation day.
Qualified Military Personnel
- Applies to US Military Personnel and Canadian National Defense personnel (and their guests) of 18 – 20 years of age
- Copy of Military ID will suffice as proof of service.
For both exceptions, bookings should be carefully documented. Failure to provide documentation or not conforming to this policy will result in denied boarding and no compensation will be provided.
When minors (18 and under) are NOT traveling with a relative, we strongly recommend bringing an original signed letter from the absent parent/legal guardian authorizing the minor to travel. This will expedite processing by the Department of Homeland Security. Please note that a notarized letter to this effect is required if debarking with children in Mexico.
Infants must be at least six months old (twelve months for Transatlantic, Hawaii and South America cruises) to be eligible to travel.
Please note that adult guests are responsible for the safety and behavior of their minor guests. Our Camp Carnival®, Circle "C" and Club O2 programs features supervised activities for children 2-17.
Spa Carnival and fitness center: Guests under 12 years of age are not permitted in these facilities. Guests between the ages of 12 and 16 must be accompanied by an adult at all times.
All guests 16 years of age or older must provide an official photo I.D. Air Travel / Hotel Stay - Guests under the age of 21, staying at any hotel in conjunction with Carnival’s Fly Aweigh® program, may be required to be accompanied by a guest 21 years or older in the same room as per each hotel’s policy. Permission for minor guests to fly unaccompanied is determined by the airlines as per each airline’s policy. We suggest you check with your scheduled airline for their requirements. Carnival assumes no responsibility for guests under the age of 21 traveling unaccompanied by air.